Radical Pursuit: A Young Adult’s Guide to Following Jesus
This book is an assembly of related essays that covers a range of important topics regarding the Christian faith, from a young adult’s perspective. This book aims to answer questions about who God is, what it really means to be saved, how to live out Christian principles in a world filled with competing interests, and addresses other topics that may concern a 21st century young adult in regard to Christianity. It is an easy-to-read, practical, and relevant account of the Way of Jesus written by spiritual leaders and scholars. The main goal of this collection of essays is to invite a seeker into the Way of Jesus, and help such a seeker or unchurched young adult connect with Jesus. However, young adults who are already followers of Jesus will find joy and clarity in reading these spiritual essays.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Abby Roberson is an initiator, essayist, and coordinator of the Radical Pursuit project. She was born and raised in Germantown, Ohio, and now resides in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. As a full-time student at John Brown University (JBU) working towards a degree in Nursing, Abby became interested in leadership development and Christian ministry. Since embracing faith in Jesus Christ, Abby’s primary aspiration is to serve God and others faithfully throughout her lifetime, and encourage others to do the same.
ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS:
- Dr. David Brisben Professor of Christian Ministries, John Brown University
- Brandon Miller Youth Pastor, Community Harvest Church, Germantown, OH
- Kevin Rusack Equip, College, and Teaching Pastor, New Heights Church, Fayetteville, AR
- Dr. Rod Reed Professor of Biblical Studies and University Chaplain, John Brown University
- Dr. Lou Y. Cha Assistant Professor of Christian Ministry and Formation, John Brown University
- Vanessa Dixon Author and Pastor’s wife, Word of Life, Miami, OK
- Dr. Ted Song Young Adults Ministry Director at Siloam Springs Bible Church, and Assistant Professor of Engineering, John Brown University
- Dr. Jason Lanker (pastoral editor): Associate Professor of Christian Ministry Formation, John Brown University
- Julia Bentley (cover design): Psychology Department, John Brown University
- Isaac Grothe (cover design): Visual Arts Department, John Brown University